Business & Technology Consulting
Poornima has been a founder and founding engineer at startups in Silicon Valley. Her unique experience enables her to advise and consult for startups and small businesses on a number of topics such as: product development, recruiting, sales, and marketing. The greatest benefit of working with Poornima is that her breadth of business knowledge and experience coupled with engineering skills means you only need to hire one person to align the goals of your entire company. She will give you a step-by-step plan that is executable to help you achieve the results you want for your startup!
Interested in hiring Poornima to consult for you? Please use the Contact Me button or visit the Contact Page.
Poornima Vijayashanker began public speaking at 12, immersing herself in it when she got to high school, by competing nationally in Lincoln Douglas Debate and Foreign Extemporaneous speaking. In college she spent 4 years as a teaching assistant in both the electrical engineering and computer science departments at Duke University. She might be a geek but she can speak!
Poornima has been invited to speak and teach on a number of topics:
- Building Tech Products the whole lifecycle: prototyping, launching, finding product market fit, scaling, security, analytics
- Entrepreneurship & Startups: recruiting, mentoring, staying hungry & motivated
- FinTech: consumer, payments, and small businesses
- Local Merchants & Small Business: customer retention and leveraging email marketing & social media
- Women’s Leadership in Tech
- Fitness & Yoga: practicing and trends in LOHAS
She also teaches the following workshops in San Francisco, but can also be contacted to teach to a private group:
- Interview Skills & Secrets: this workshop is designed specifically for women and covers the how to get an interview, interview skills, how to assess the work environment for female friendly companies, and how to negotiate an offer for the career you want!
- Lean Product Development
- Technical Recruiting: Techniques to Attract Top Talent
- Scrappy Marketing Strategies: SEO & Email Marketing